Rt. Honourable Kabiru Alhassan was born on 1st January, 1970. He was born in Unguwar Katanga quarters, Rurum in Rano Local Government Area of Kano State.
Honourable Alhassan uses honesty as a power strategy to convince people of his noble, good hearted and selfless – character. This can be seen in the chain of victories he scored in various elections he contested. His election as a councilor 20 years ago in Kosofe Local Government Area of Lagos State and many other positions he held before this are good pointers. This is a form of persuasion that elevates politicians to the status of paragons I scheming a world of politics.
He started his Primary Education at Rurum Central Primary School from 1977 – 1982. From 1983 to 1985 he also did his Junior Secondary Education in Rurum town. He then proceeded to Rano town for his Senior Secondary Education from 1985 to 1988.
Honourable Kabiru Alhassan obtained his National Diploma in Administration Management at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile – Ife from 1998 – 2000. He came back to Kano for his Advance Diploma at the famous Federal College of Education, Kano between the year 2001 to 2002.
He held numerous positions as follows:
- Supervisory Councilor, Works, Rano Local Government 2001 – 2002.
- Chairmanship Candidate, PDP, Rano Local Government 2004
- Vice Chairmanship Candidate, PDP, Rano Local Government 2007.
- Secretary, Mile 12 market Association, Lagos 2007 – 2011.
- Member, Kano State House of Assembly representing Rano Local Government 2011 – 2015.
- Chairman, House Committee on Works and Transport 2011 – 2013.
- Majority Member, Kano State House of Assembly 2013 – 2015.
- Re-elected Member, Kano State House of Assembly 2015 – 2019.
- Speaker, Kano State House of Assembly 2015 – 2017.